A quick Internet search for tires will render you with millions of results. You can buy tires for your truck, car, van, SUV, motorcycle, or recreational vehicle. Take motorcycle tires, for example. You can find some for street use, off-road use, or a combination of both. The difference is in the tread design. When you find the best tread, you get a better ride. Directional tires are designed for better traction, handling, and performance on different types of road conditions. How do you know if they are the right option for you the next time you need a tire change?
Choose to work with Calgary’s mobile tire changing experts at TireForce for all your tire changing and repair needs. Our team can help you find the best options for your car, truck, or van. We make it convenient for you with a wide range of services, including sales, seasonal changeovers, repairs, and replacements because we come to your location.
Primary Types Of Tire Tread
Before we get to the benefits of directional tires, it helps to understand the different types. There are primarily three tread options, and each has its function:
- Symmetrical: These tend to be the most common and look familiar with the same tread pattern throughout the tire. These wheels don’t have to be mounted in a specific direction.
- Asymmetrical: You may notice that the rubber on your wheels has different patterns on the inner and outer tread areas. These differences help with water evacuation, grip on dry pavement, and better snow traction. They must be mounted with a specific side facing outward.
- Directional: Directional tires are a type of tread pattern that may look similar to the other versions, but it is much different. For example, it is designed to rotate in only one direction and is generally used with high-performance vehicles.
Benefits Of Putting Directional Tires On Your Vehicle
Each type of tire has its function, but directional tires outrank symmetrical and asymmetrical in two distinct ways:
- Excellent water evacuation: That center-ribbed design with the V-shaped pattern whips water out of the tire. You are left with more rubber in contact with the road. The best part is that your chances of hydroplaning are significantly reduced.
- Fantastic handling and traction on the dry pavement: Again, the tread pattern is optimized to produce maximum road contact. That means you can corner like you are on rails as your tires trip and handle better at higher speeds than others. The vehicle speed sensor (VSS) measures transmission/transaxle output or wheel speed and if you looking for Turbo Speed Sensor 6.7 Cummins here some details for you.
Choose TireForce For Your Tire Change And Repair Needs
For a practical solution, the next time you type ‘tire change near me,’ choose TireForce. Whether you need a tire repaired or a complete tire change, we have you covered. Our team changes the game entirely by offering you convenience like no one else. We provide onsite service at your home or work with our van mounted tire shops. Go ahead and keep sipping on your coffee during brunch. We’ll have your new tires ready to go in no time!
Call us at 833-446-8473 or book an appointment online for your next tire change or repair service.