We love hitting the open road on a bright, sunny day. Additionally, we use our vehicles daily for commuting to our jobs, toting the kids to sports or dance class, and grabbing our weekly grocery orders. However, as one of the most essential pieces on your automobile touches the road, when they give out, you can find yourself stranded. Yes, the rubber spinning underneath needs continual monitoring to ensure you arrive at your destination safely. When you experience tire damage, seek out the services of a trusted mobile tire service in Calgary. They can assess the damage and provide the best solutions for your situation.
Avoid these Common Causes for Tire Damage
As a responsible driver, you know that wearing your seat belt and adjusting your mirrors is vital to safety. In addition, knowing what is happening with your tires is another way to ensure you arrive where you are headed. Here are five of the most common ways your tires may get damaged:
- Wrong Amount of Tire Pressure: Besides saving gas mileage, having the appropriate amount of air in your tires protects them from damage. Over-inflating your tires can cause them to wear in the center, leaving a flat strip in the rubber, while under-inflating results in shoulder wear where the edges round off.
- Misaligned Vehicle: Tires wear better if they follow in-line under the car. A misaligned vehicle can cause ‘camber wear.’ This type of damage means that the tread has worn down an outer side.
- Punctures: Material on the roads and in your driveway have a sneaky way of puncturing your tires. While some holes can be plugged or patched, it is always a good idea to have your wheels looked at by a professional mobile tire change service in Calgary.
- Tread Wear: Regular wear and tear can result in damage if left too long. It would be best if you had appropriate tread depth for proper grip on the road. If it is too shallow, you run a significant risk of losing traction and wrecking.
- Wrong Tire Type: Cars are designed to utilize specific types of wheels and tires. For example, high-performance cars need particular tires. Your SUV needs an entirely different kind. The wrong tire on the wrong vehicle means things will not work correctly and could be potentially disastrous.
5 Types of Wear Patterns Your Mobile Tire Service in Calgary May Find
Now that you know what can damage your tires, here are five types of wear patterns to be aware of:
- Camber Wear: One of the shoulders of your tire is worn significantly more than others and is often caused by suspension problems.
- Feathered Wear: Small rivets and dips flowing in a specific direction of the tire’s surface. It can be caused by misalignment, worn tie rod ends, or worn idler arms, among other reasons.
- Cupped Wear: No specific pattern to the cups and dips found around the edge of the tread caused by out-of-balance tires or weak shocks or struts.
- Centre Wear: This isn’t easy to spot, but you may notice a strip around the centre of the tire where the tread is worn. Your tires may be over-inflated.
- Shoulder Wear: The shoulders will be worn away and look rounded over. Generally, this is caused by under-inflation.
Pick the Mobile Tire Service Calgary Loves!
Need help in understanding the health of your tires? Trust our mobile tire repair technicians in Calgary to come out to your location and assess your tires, walking you through what repairs or services you may need to ensure your safety on the road. Don’t let yourself get stranded due to damaged tires. Talk with the team at TireForce about the health of the rubber keeping you on the road. We will come to your location and replace, repair or swap your seasonal tires. Enjoy the convenience and peace of mind that comes from working with us!
Call us at 833-446-8473 or book an appointment online for your next mobile tire service in Calgary.